International forskningsevaluering af programområdet Vandressourcer (2007-2014)
Scientific evaluation of programme area 2 Water resources (2007-2014)
The evaluation panel consisting of Prof. Janet Hering, Eawag, ETH Zurich, EPFL, Switzerland (Chair) Prof. Harvey Thorleifson, Minnesota Geological Survey, University of Minnesota, USA Prof. Frans van Geer, TNO, Utrecht University, The Netherlands Prof. Willy Verstraete, University of Ghent, LabMET, Belgium Dr. Clifford Voss, US Geological Survey, USA
was given the following task:
The panel shall undertake an evaluation of research and dissemination activities to identify strengths, gaps and needs for amendments and improvements in relation to GEUS’ strategy and mission within the GEUS Programme Area ‘Water Resources’. The evaluation concerns
the period 2007-2014.
The panel is asked to make its evaluation on the basis of:
- Publications, reports and other relevant material produced over the period 2007-2014, both years included,
- Presentations given by GEUS scientists, and
- Interviews with GEUS’ management staff and scientists, and visits to laboratories and
work facilities at GEUS.
Specifically, the panel is asked to:
- Identify areas of high quality research,
- Identify areas where the research of GEUS should be strengthened in order to meet
GEUS strategy, and
- Provide comments and suggestions as to strategic changes, amendments, and improvements to GEUS’ work within the programme area, in order to improve GEUS’ ability to fulfil its main mission within this programme area seen in the perspective of the survey’s statutes and general mission.
Read the entire report (pdf-file 500Kb)